Definitions and interpretation
Data - Collectively all information that you (the user) submit to Tiger Communications plc via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 – and will update in accordance with the new GDPR regulations and Data Protection Act amendments in May 2018.
We or us - Refers to Tiger Communications plc
User / users or you - Any third party that accesses the website and is not either an employee of, or employed by, Tiger Communications plc and acting in the course of their employment, or engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Tiger Communications plc and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such service.
Website - The website that you are currently using, www.tigercomms.com, and any sub-domains of this site, unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
We may collect the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
- Your name (first name and surname)
- Your company name / the name of the company you work for / are enquiring on behalf of
- Your location / the location of the company that you are enquiring on behalf of (city/town)
- Your email address / your company’s email address for you
- Your contact telephone number / your contact number in relation to the company you are enquiring on behalf of
- Which products you are interested in / enquiring about
- The end point number(s) / licence number(s) you are enquiring for
Our use of data
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 Tiger Communications plc is the “data controller”.
We will retain any data you submit for a period of up to 21 months (due to the understanding of the business life cycle from the point of making an inquiry to the point of requesting a proposal), unless you become a maintained customer, in which case we will retain your details in relation to your contract with Tiger Communications plc.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third-party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group.
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For further information on security, please see the security section below.
Any or all of the above supplied data may be required by us, from time to time, in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- To help you with your enquiry
- To respond to your request for a brochure / system demo / call back from one of our team
- If / where you or your company wish to enter into a maintained contract with Tiger Communications plc in purchase of our products
If / when you/your company becomes a customer under a maintained contract, and only then:
- To invite you to join our Tiger User Community as part of the service offered under your contract
- To invite you to our Tiger User Group Community events as part of the service offered under your contract
- To send you relevant information regarding your Tiger Communications plc system / contract, such as software updates and new product releases
- To send you quarterly newsletters about the products you have purchased, and the services Tiger Communications plc provide
Third party websites and services
This website may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the website. The providers of such services may have access to certain personal data provided by users of this website.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your data
Wherever you are required to submit data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that data. This may include the following:
- Use of data for direct marketing purposes; and
- Sharing data with third parties
Functionality of the website
To use all features and functions available on the website, you may be required to submit certain data.
Accessing your own data
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal data held by Tiger Communications plc (where such data is held), providing it is not confidential, sensitive data pertinent to the Tiger communications plc business. For such request there may be a payment of a small fee required, which will not exceed £20.00.
Upon the implementation of the new regulations surrounding GDPR from 25th May 2018 you will be able to request the right to be forgotten. In this instance we will uphold that right, so long as we do not have a justifiable legal reason to retain your data and any linked information. As an example, but not limited to, where you have been provided a service under contract by Tiger Communications plc, and records of that contract and related payments must be retained by Tiger Communications plc for a period of seven years.
Data security is of great importance to Tiger Communications plc, and to protect your data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure data collected via this website.
Tiger Communications plc are ISO2700:2013 certified, and you can view our certificate here.
If password access is required for certain parts of the website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential – as per the details as out in our Terms & Conditions page.
We endeavour to do our best to protect your personal data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to the website.
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This agreement will be governed by, and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
You may contact Tiger Communications plc by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.