What is user adoption?
Market studies indicate that organisations are not fully realising their investment in UC deployment, citing poor adoption strategies as the cause, even though the technology is shown to improve communication and collaboration. The deployment fails to reach its full potential because either functionality is under-utilised or not used at all.
Measuring the rate of adoption and optimising the full functionality across the different scopes is key to calculating ROI of any UC deployment. By allowing users to clearly visualise the level of savings generated by the investment, the more they will engage with the new features and become their own champions for improving the way they work.
How Prism monitors and reports on user adoption
Prism is built to encompass new UC usages, such as personal video, softphone, instant messages, desktop sharing and file transfers.
By monitoring user adoption and providing instant dashboards and reports showing trends over time, Prism gives you unprecedented visibility of your UC infrastructure’s lifespan. Organisations have the ability to monitor both financial and technical KPIs from project inception to day-to-day operation:
- The proportion of new users over former users to see the penetration rate of the new usages
- The rise of softphone usage over physical device calls
- The impact of the video calls from personal endpoints on your conference room usage
- Volume information regarding instant messaging, desktop sharing and file transfer usage
- Return on Investment calculations, which easily display the savings generated by the new usages